Providing an electronic newsletter for your opt-in list subscribers provides many benefits in terms of driving traffic to your site, as well as, boosting the sales and profits of your company. This is a marketing ploy that will not put a big dent in your marketing budget and will not require a lot of hours in development.
With an electronic newsletter, you can inform prospects about your company and its products and services. You can keep them posted and updated about what’s going-on with your company and many of your promotions and offerings. This will keep you and your company top-of-mind so that when the need arises, your prospects will think of you first.
An electronic newsletter also allows you to educate your subscribers on your knowledge about the problems and challenges your products or services can solve. It can show and establish your expertise about the topic at hand and the many benefits you can offer them. When you impress people, they will become potential clients or they can recommend you to their friends, colleagues and family. Many of them could very well be clients in the future.
If you do not have the necessary electronic newsletter software, you will need to do some research to consider which platform will work best for your needs and offer an easy way to process your newsletter regularly. Be sure they also offer options for creating sign-up options to subscribe to your electronic newsletter and continue to drive traffic to your site using some well placed links within the newsletter template.
In the next few paragraphs, I will provide you with some things to reflect on when you decide to start your own electronic opt-in newsletter for your site. Here are five things to consider when publishing an electronic newsletter.
1) Make sure that the content of your newsletter pertains to and closely associates with your business or the theme of your site. Do not dwell too much on what could be regarded as your field of expertise. Let your website content do that for you. Your newsletter should be focused on information and resources that establish you as the expert. You may also consider using it to introduce clients and prospects to your staff to help them build relationships with your clientele, too.
Remember that visitors to your site are there because they are interested in what the site has to offer. If they sign up for an opt-in list or for a newsletter this means that they want to be updated for that certain theme or subject. Be sure that when you publish your newsletter you are providing for the need of the subscriber as well as their interests.
2) Ensure that you have well written, informational and content rich articles. Your articles will be the body of your newsletter and they should be able to excite your readers and provide information. Articles should be well written and checked for errors such as spelling and grammatical errors for it to look professional and believable. The trust of your clients and prospects is at stake here.
3) Fact-check your articles. Make sure that you provide true facts and figures so that your reputation as an expert and knowledgeable in that field is not questioned. If you lose the trust of your subscribers it may persuade them to unsubscribe to your newsletter. This could cause you to lose potential sales.
4) Provide fresh and new article content to keep your subscribers engaged. If you publish stale and old news in your newsletter, there is a chance that your subscribers have already read and know about it. This will cause them to lose interest in your newsletter and you take a chance they will unsubscribe. Or they may simply not open or read any of your succeeding newsletters losing them as a potential or on-going client.
5) Never use copyrighted materials such as photos and articles. This is outright plagiarism, and you can get into a lot of trouble. You can lose your business and get sued over copyright infringement. If you do not have the time to write your own articles, there are many willing and able professional article writers that can do it for you for a reasonable fee. All your investment in writing and publishing articles will be well worth it when you see your list build up and your website traffic increasing.
Jeannine Grich, CVA, MVA, EthicsChecked™, provides marketing and social media support, training and consulting to busy entrepreneurs. For information about finding a VA, download her FREE 10-Step Guide to Finding the Right VA, or to learn why Social Media should be an important part of your marketing plan with her FREE Report, Social Media Marketing Benefits, visit: https://accbizsvc.com, or contact her at Jeannine@accbizsvc.com